Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy 102 Birthday Grandma!!!

Our family with Bryan's parents and his Grandma who is 102.
Cambria loves her Great-Grandma.
Grandpa keeping the kids entertained.
Bryan and his grandma.
Bryan's parents and some of his aunts and uncles with grandma.

March 13th we went to the Beehive Assisted Living Home to visit Bryan's Grandma who turned 102. She kept asking why everybody was there and who's birthday it was. We told her that we were there to help celebrate her 102nd birthday. She said, "Wow, I can't believe that anybody could live that long." She was so adorable. Her health is slowly deteriorating and we are afraid that these might be the last pictures that we get to take with her. So I of course wanted to get as many pictures as I could, especially with my husband and kids. We were glad to be there with Bryan's parents. That same day, we received the news of his other grandma, his mother's mom, Grandma Bauer passed away on that same day. I felt so bad for Bryan's mom, she had a bunch of mixed feelings going on. Thank goodness these ladies have lived full lives. Life is wonderful, especially with families.

3 comments:

Leticia said...

OM Goodness!!!
Happy birthday to Grandma indeed!!! 102..she has lived a very full life!!!
That is awesome!!!
I love following you on FB!!!

Mar and Koki said...

Okay so I have been out of blogging for a while and I missed a lot. First off, I am impressed with the 50 fruit pizza. I didn't know you had that talent. Please share at the next reunion.

The palm trees in the car HilARIous!!! I'm glad I wasn't drieving home in that car.

Last, only a Hannemann would tell the husband she misses so much," Why didn't you shave?" LOL. Too funny.

Your blog is great. I love reading it:)

The Horlacher's said...

I'm so happy your family was able to be there. We miss you guys so much. We are excited to see everyone in the summer.
Love ya,

Jen