Sunday, March 22, 2009

I have got to GROW - UP!!!!

I am sitting here bawling because my husband is leaving again and I hate to see him go!!!! He is leaving in 8 hours and I am just watching him sleep and crying. He has been home for 11 days and I have loved every minute of it. We have been connected to each others hip pretty much the whole time. I think that I can get used to being an empty nester. I totally enjoy being with him, no matter what we are doing. I didn't feel that way a few months ago. I enjoyed doing things with him, but my eyes are totally changed and I appreciate him more. Not only for working so far away and in the freezing cold at below 0 temperatures for 17 hours at a time, but for the wonderful husband and father that he is. I have always loved the way that he treats me. No matter how mad I make him, or how big of a spoiled brat that I act like, he NEVER gets mad at me or raises his voice at me. I am still trying to challenge him after 17 years of marriage. He is soooo patient with me (that's what I call true love). During this last visit, Bryan got to stay home a few extra days, because his grandma died and his boss was nice enough to tell him to stay until after the funeral. HOORAY!!! for me!!!! Now I don't want to let him go. I have caught so many tender moments with him and the kids. I walked in on many one on one conversations with him and Trevor, talking about girls and stuff. I know he misses these moments with his kids but I am sure glad he still gets them. Well I am going to go and snuggle for the next few more hours with my honey and cherish these moments.

OH YAH- I went through Gun Handling 101 again tonight. I don't know why he insists that I know how to handle this thing. I got a nasty blood blister on my hand trying to cock it. Hopefully - I NEVER have to use it!!!!!

1 comment:

Madison Matthews said...

Tonya, should a BB gun really be that hard to cock? Seriously glad to know that someone has a gun and will know how to use it. I will try not to make you mad....:) Hang in there,
Steph