Monday, March 15, 2010

Another Testimony of Prayer

Tonight I received a call from Cecilee and she said, "Mom, I put the keys in the cupholder and came back to leave after soccer practice and they are gone." She said, "I looked everywhere, and I put them right on top of my IPOD and my IPOD is still there." I already know that the van doesn't lock, so I said, "Are you serious, you left your IPOD in the van, plain as day with the keys on top?" Have you looked everywhere? Have you said a prayer? I told her say a prayer and ask for help and I will do my part here. I got on my knees also and prayed and she called me back and said, "Mom, I still can't find it." So I told her that I would be on my way to get her. I was worried, because she was at the College and it's NOT a very good area there for a young girl to be sitting out in the parking lot by herself as it gets dark. So before I left I went into Sydnee's bedroom and pleaded to my Heavenly Father to PLEASE help her find the keys and explained that these were the only keys that we had for the van and I did not have extra money to pay to get another key made, etc. I got up and walked out of the room, went into the office to tell Bryan I was ready to go, grabbed a flashlight and my phone rang. It was Cecilee, "Mom, I found another set of keys to the van, but NOT the ones I originally used. They were behind a panel in the glove box that happened to fall open and they were way down at the bottom. I am on my way home." I asked her, "Did you say a prayer and thank Heavenly Father, because you know that is the only way those keys got there or were found." I ran to my room and got on my knees and thanked my Heavenly Father for hearing our prayers and helping us exercise our faith in him. I love when my children can exercised their faith and help build their testimony of prayer and the gospel. I am so glad that Cecilee experienced that and got to see first hand the hend of the Lord in our lives.

No comments: