Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Science Fair Project






During Spring Break Trevor had the assignment to get going on his science fair project. Well of course because he is Trevor, he waited till the last day of spring break to get it done. So I was at work and asked Cecilee to please help him and please take pictures so that he could put them on his board. So they did and collected all of their data and information that they needed to complete the report. Well I got home from work and asked Trevor how it went and he said that it was good, they only had a little problem. Bryan was listening and commented, "I wouldn't call it a little problem." So by that time I am very interested in what they are talking about. Bryan continued, "I came home from work and walked into the kitchen and all I saw was 5 kids with rags trying to clean the ceiling, cupboards, walls, floors, EVERYTHING!!! I had never seen a mess like that before. The only thing I told them was, you had better clean it so that mom doesn't get mad." So I asked what happened. Well as anyone knows if you put a Mentos candy in a Diet coke it explodes and shoots like a rocket. Well Trevor's Science fair Project is, "what if I changed the temperature of the Diet Coke would it make a difference?" So he refrigerated one and left one at room temperature and then boiled water and put a bottle in the boiling water to raise the temperature. Well, as he was taking the bottle out of the boiling water the temperature raised so much that it popped the cap off and the rest is history!!! It went EVERYWHERE!!!! Cecilee even said that it went into the family room and hit the TV, into the entryway and the living room by the front door. She said, "Mom, it was incredible the mess it made." Like that was suppose to make me feel better. I stood there with a BLANK look on my face and made my way to the kitchen, Trevor was right next to me and said, "Mom I mopped the floor like 20 times. I'm sure you won't find a sticky place anywhere." What do you think? Of course I found sticky everywhere. So far, I have found it between my two binders that I have my compassionate service stuff in and my pageant stuff. I found it on the bottom braces of the chairs, the legs of the chairs, the edges of the drawers, etc. I am sure that I will continue to find it everywhere, since they did say it went everywhere.

1 comment:

Marion said...

Oh man aren't you glad you weren't there to actually see the mess. It's the Hannemann blood that makes us go CRAZY! Smart kids to hurry and clean before mom gets home :)