Monday, March 8, 2010

Trevor's Birthday Party

I put together a birthday party for Trevor because it had been about 3 years since he had a party so I thought a surprise one would be fun. I had a couple of his friends help me with the inviting process. I didn't quite know how many invitations to make, so I made 50 and gave them to his friends. I had them all text me because I wanted to put together The Amazing Race for his birthday party. It was awesome!!! Well, one of Trevor's friends came to him at school and apologized to him for not being able to come to his party. That's when he found out about the party. So I just let him know and continued to prepare for the party. It was the first friday of March and all of the convenient stores were doing FREE FRAZIL FRIDAY's in March. So Trevor went with a bunch of friends to get a frazil. He was gone for about 2 hours and finally texted me and asked, "Mom, is anyone there?" I texted him back and told him, "Emree, she's the only one so far." (Really there were 35 kids there at that time.) So I told them all to go into the office and hid from Trevor. Trevor came into the house and saw Emree, he said HI and I asked him to get me the exercise ball in the office. He turned and went into the office and "SUPRISE!!!!" He was so surprised!!!! I had each of the kids that came into the house pick out a bandana and that was the way that I divided the teams. I had 7 teams with 6 on each team. I gave them their first envelope and they were off. At each destination they had to find a clue and then do an activity and then get another clue envelope. It was so much fun!!! The kids loved it, they ended up at their last destination and that was the church bldg. In there we had pizza, snacks and played musical chairs. That had to be the biggest musical chairs game ever. We set up 45 chairs and it was so much fun to watch. After musical chairs they played dodge ball. Trevor thanked me and even gave me a big hug and kiss and told me that he loved me so much. That was the greatest thank you. Wow, my boy is 14.








1 comment:

Lacie @ Creative Attempts said...

this is fantastic. you are such a great mom, I will have to file this away in my brain for a later date :)