Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9/11

 Woke up to it being 9/11 and I went to put our flag outside and it was raining.
It wasn't just sprinkling, it was full on raining.
I looked in the streets and I couldn't believe how much water was in the gutters.
 Then I remembered Trevor's sign that was hung last night and this was what happened.
It had been raining from about 6:00am to 12:00pm and at about 11:00am I thought that I should probably go and check the basement.
I stepped off the last stair and I was standing in about 2 inches of water.
I FREAKED OUT!!! I didn't know what to do.
I walked around to find out where it was coming in from and I found a window well
that was halfway filled with water (it looked like an aquarium).
And I saw it was leaking in through there.
I called Trevor to come home for lunch and that I was going to keep him home for the rest of the day to help me get this water out of my basement.
Lucky for me I had most everything in plastic totes, so it wasnt' too bad.
Robert Ence brought me a shop vac and a pump to pump the water out.
About 12:20pm we got word that the dike in Santa Clara broke and that the water was headed to a bunch of homes and businesses. Everyone in it's path was evacuated from their homes and businesses. They had all of the kids in the schools on lock down to keep them safe from the chaos that was going on.





 This was the water at the baseball fields and then the water going towards the back of Dutchman's. It was so strong that it broke open the back door and pushed through the store. Product starting going down the river, pushing chairs, etc out the front door of the store.  Then the water crossing Sunset Blvd.
After seeing this my basement was NOTHING!!!! So many homes were affected. 61 to be exact and 16 businesses. Some basements filled to the ceiling with mud and water. Everything for those people GONE!! Soo devestating and sad.




No comments: