Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Cecilee is Player of The Week

Cecilee has been having a hard time with her coach. There are two goalies and he seems to favor the other goalie because he trained her all summer to get her ready for this season.
Well when Cecilee got there, I don't think that he was thinking that she had as many skills as she does, but because he trained the other girl, he favored her.
So one day she called and said that her coach doesn't even acknowledge her and yells stupid things for Cecilee to change while on the field, like- "Call Keeper or Goalie NOT ' I go!'"
 So Cecilee changed that and so he told his team that he was going to have an evaluation practice and have other coaches come and watch and evaluate everyone.

Cecilee was very excited because she knew that she was doing well, but never got recognition from her coach. So~~~the day came and Cecilee did her thang!!
She called me after that practice and she said, "Mom, I did awesome~NOBODY scored on me and the other goalie got scored on a few times" She did say that her coach kept yelling at her and making her change things while she was out there, like catching the ball a certain way, etc.
Cecilee has such a good attitude, she just keeps saying, "As long as I am getting my college paid for, I will sit the bebch and do what he says while I am on the field. At least I am not wasting my time out here for nothing.

The next day came and she went to practice and her coach talked to her. HE said that the 3 coaches (Mens Barton Soccer Coach, Barton Track Coach, and another college's soccer coach) ALL LOVED her and was very impressed with the way she played. Did NOT have anything bad to say about her evaluation. BUT her coach had some things to say: You need to position your arms a certain way when you catch the ball, you need to remember to say, "GOALIE or KEEPER~NOT "I Go!",etc.
Cecilee just told him PLEASE tell me what I need to do to be a better KEEPER, that's all I want is for you to coach me, NOT ignore me.
Well the next day was a game and she didn't play at all the game before, so it was going to be interesting whether she played or started. GAMETIME came and she started and PLAYED the whole game. She had a great game, saved a few crutial shots and the score was 4-0~ A SHUTOUT!!!
Verizon sponsors their games and they have a player of the week that they choose and Cecilee was chosen. It was so exciting for her. I think her choach is finally seeing her for what she is,
"A GREAT ATHLETE!!"

No comments: