Friday, May 18, 2012

Cecilee's Senior Portfolio


Autobiography
            My name is Cecilee Ah Quin Horlacher. I was born on September 2, 1993 in Pomona, California to Richard Bryan and Tonya Horlacher. I lived in California for the first year of my life, and on my first birthday we moved to St. George, Utah where I have lived since. I am the second oldest of four children, and have had a lot of responsibility and expectations set for me. I try my hardest to be the best person I can possibly be. I love to play soccer, really anything active and sports related, I enjoy doing hair, nails, and make up, I love being a friend to people and someone that my friends can talk to and count on, I like shopping playing games and just hanging out and laugh with my family.
            High school has had its ups and down but I can honestly say that my high school experience has helped me to figure out who I am and what I want to do with my life. My favorite quote is, “Be your OWN kind of BEAUTIFUL.” What I get from this quote every time I read it is, that it’s okay to be your own person. The world has set a standard and has made people think that if you’re not a certain way then you’re not beautiful. I believe that everyone is beautiful in their own way, that girls should embrace their differences and know that they are beautiful. I’ve learned that we can either let high school teach us who we are to become or let it tell us who we cannot become.
 I’ve always tried to look at the bright side to anything to life, especially in high school. My junior year was rough, and I felt like the only thing I loved to do more than anything was taken away from me. In the second region game of girls’ soccer season, I got hurt; I broke my knee and tore my ACL. Soccer was what kept me going, I played soccer year round since I was 5. It was my love and something I couldn’t imagine living without. That experience made me realize that everything happens for a reason and that no matter what I was part of a team/family that loved me and cared for me. I was the captain of the varsity team that year and I felt like since I couldn’t play I couldn’t be a team leader anymore. But later I found out that I touched a lot of people and lead my team by example and by the attitude I had through this trial. This experience has made me realize a lot about myself, it has helped shaped who I am today. I know that I can work through anything if I just set my mind to it. I know that life is what you make it, and I want my life to be inspiring to others.
       I know who I am and I know what I stand for! I love being me and I am comfortable in my skin. If I could dedicate my life to anything it would be dedicated to service. I have so much more to come in my autobiography and at the end of my life my autobiography is going to be incredible, I will make sure of that. I just want my life to reach the full potential, and I won’t stop until it does.
In 10 to 15 Years
            In ten to fifteen years I will be around thirty and I hope to be happily married with a little family of my own. I will be done with hair school and I will hopefully be practicing out of my house, where I can choose my hours so that I can be an active part of my children’s lives. Life will be so simple and truly happy with my husband and my children. My family will be the center of my life and my husband and I will be so in love. I hope to pattern my life after the life I’ve known with my parents and my own family. Life will be amazing and I will be enjoying whatever comes my way!
Postgraduate Plan
            After high school I plan on going into Evans hair school. It has always been something I wanted to do, go to hair school; it’s something I have a natural talent for. Hair is always something I have enjoyed doing, along with nails and makeup. Hair school should only take me about nine months to finish because I will be going full time. After hair school I plan on going to Dixie State College to get my generals done, and then hopefully transfer to Utah State. I really enjoy sports medicine. I want to be a sports medicine doctor, physical therapist, or a doctor that helps athletes recover from serious injuries. I will do my best in everything I do to reach my full potential.
Ivins Princess Pageant-Second Attendant
A lot of people never have the privilege of experiencing a pageant, and a lot of people don’t care to. I would have probably been one of those people if it hadn’t been for my older sister. Nevertheless, I have done the Ivins Princess Pageant and learned a great deal from that experience.
Anyone who knows me knows that pageants are not my thing, and would never expect me to do a pageant. But as I watched my sister do one and be so involved with the community and just the great experience I saw her experiencing convinced me that I would like to do it. My sister was Ms. Photogenic and Second Attendant for Ivins the year that I did the pageant.
This experience of actually doing a pageant helped me to gain more confidence in myself and helped me realize who I really am. As I started to go to the workshops and all the practices things became easier for me and I gained more confidence in what I was going to do. I made lots of new friends, developed talents, interview skills, gained more confidence. The pageant helped me realize that I can make a difference; I can be an example to my community and everyone else that I come in contact with. Going to these practices and workshops helped me with poise, presentation, and interview skills.
The night of the pageant, I wasn’t nervous at all. I had worked hard for that night and I was just going to leave it all out there and do my best. Everyone knew that this wasn’t my thing and didn’t expect me to place. But I am very competitive, so anything that I do, I do with 100 percent. My thing was, I didn’t want to be princess because that was way too much responsibility for me, but I didn’t want to totally loose. So I was shooting for 1st or 2nd Attendant. As the pageant goes on, I find myself having so much fun! I was having a blast with all the girls back stage and having the time of my life on stage. As the pageant comes to an end and all of the contestants are on stage waiting for the crowning I am not nervous at all. Right then I knew that the pageant had been an awesome experience for me.
I was crowned as Ivins 2nd Attendant of the year 2008, along with Ms. Photogenic. As I was on Ivins Royalty we did so much for our community. We had parades, fairs, Easter egg hunts, and meetings that we were to attend. Something that I will never forget is having little girls run up to you and want a picture with the “princesses”. These little girls idolize you because you are a princess. I loved this because I felt that I was an example to those little girls, I was giving them a good role model to look up to, and giving them something to look forward to in life.
The Ivins Princess Pageant has been an experience that I will always remember. It helped me develop into a lady. It has helped me with my confidence, interview skills, and talents, presenting myself, and helped me make friends. I am very thankful for the opportunity I had to do this pageant and to experience it firsthand.
Journal Entry-The Next Chapter of My Life
The end of my senior year is wrapping up and I can’t even believe that I am almost done with high school forever. I have literally dreamed of these last days of high school and I have been super excited. But now that they are here I can’t even believe that I am almost done. It has made me sad to think that I am done here. The senior ball assembly is what really got me. They focused more on the seniors, about the years of high school, and how “we made it”. In that assembly it hit me. I had this bitter sweet feeling about the whole assembly. It’s sad we are leaving and that we are moving on with life but it is also so exciting. Excited about what is to come next in life. It got me thinking about where I’m going to be in the next year or so. What I’m going to be doing, where I’m going to live, who my friends are going to be, etc. Now that the year is coming to an end I really want to make the last little bit of my high school year count. I want to go to all of the activities, assemblies, dances, etc. I want to live up what’s left of high school. I’m going to go to senior sluff with my whole class and have a blast and I’m going to go to grad night and have a blast there also! I don’t regret anything about my whole high school career. I loved everything about my senior, junior, and sophomore years.
Journal Entry-Friends/Family
You know the saying, “friends will come and go, but your family will always be there” is one thing that stands with no doubt in my mind. Through the experiences that I have experienced this year, I have found this to be true. No matter how good I thought my friend was, they always left, or distanced themselves from me. I found that the only people who won’t leave you or deny you are the people you go home to at night, the people you vent to, cry to, and laugh with. Its your family that will never leave you. They are always there for me no matter what! I have a very close relationship with all the members of my family. My mom, she’s truly amazing! She is my number one supporter of everything. She is my number one cheerleader! I love my mom, I love the times we just sit around and talk. Those moments are priceless and I wouldn’t give them up for anything. My dad, he’s selfless. He does everything he can for our family. He is my number one coach, he has coached me through soccer/athletics, life, and helped me to realize who I really want to be and become. My older sister, she is my example. I look up to my sister in pretty much everything she does. I always have and probably always will! My sister and I are so tight. She is someone I can tell everything and she won’t judge, she will just listen and she will honestly tell me what she thinks and always has my best interest in mind. My little brother, He and I have always had this little bond; we are both the middle children in our family. When I was younger I didn’t like hanging out with my friends, I liked hanging out with my little brother. Even to this day I enjoy hanging out with my little brother and doing the crazy stuff he does! My little sister, she reminds me so much of myself. She looks exactly like I did when I was that age. She is so cute and so loving. Whenever I need to feel loved or appreciated I can count on her to make me feel that way! These are just a few things that come to mind when I think of my family.


No comments: