Thursday, May 24, 2012

Soccer Prospect

Today is Graduation Day and we are crazy busy trying to get ready and cook lots of food for the gathering that we are having after graduation for Cecilee.
It was about 12:15pm and my daughter Sydnee received a text from a coach of Cecilee's.
It read:
Please call Denise Court, she is very interested in Cecilee and has some College Soccer Scholarship opportunies available.  She needs to hear from you immediately.
So I gave the message to Cecilee and had her call them.
So she was on the phone for a good 15 minutes in a serious phone conversation.
She gets off and says, "This lady, Denise Court, wants me to send her my Soccer Profile and
Highlight film right now. She has a few coaches in desperate need of a goalie."
(OK, so it's now 12:40pm and my plan was to leave our house at 2:00pm to
make it to a cousin's graduation and then Cecilee's graduation.
I am not anywhere close to being dressed to go out of the house and I have NO Idea
where I put her highlight video and profile.)
The reason I don't remember where they were, was because Cecilee decided to go to
Hairschool instead of persuing soccer.
So we were planning on going on Thursday (The day after graduation)
to sign her up for September.
I found her profile and sent it, found her highlight DVD and am still working on
getting it uploaded to YOUTUBE.
These were the email communications between me and Denise.
Denise,
Thank you for contacting my daughter about this great opportunity.  We are a little crazy, but we know how important it is for you and obviously it's important to Cecilee.  The last few games of high school Cecilee didn't get a lot of footage as goalie because she played striker also. So hopefully you can sense her determination and love for the sport. We have contacted the gentleman that did her highlight film and he is working on getting that onto YOUTUBE. So we will contact you with the link to see it as soon as we hear back from him. 
I want to share something with you. She is looking to sign up for hairschool tomorrow, she has been juggling whether or not she wanted to continue to play, but I guess with her response in wanting to get back with you, it shows she still wants to play, if she gets the opportunity.  So I guess this means we will put hairschool off for a few days until we hear back from you. Also, you can reach Cecilee at (435)773-3291, that is her direct number.
Thank you again, also who did you get Cecilee's name from?
Sincerely, Tonya Horlacher

Tonya,
Could you please send me a picture of Cecilee as soon as you can?
Denise
Denise,
The other picture I sent was too big, So here are a couple other’s that I hope are easier to open. I am so sorry that I am just getting back from your email yesterday. We left for graduation right after I sent the email and have been up allll night for GRAD NIGHT, so this is the first I’ve seen your email since yesterday. I will be sending you the link for her highlight film today.
Thanks again, Tonya Horlacher
Tonya,
The photo you sent was fine. I talked to Aaron at Barton and he said he would call her today. He didn't want to bug her right before the graduation. She should hear from him sometime today. If not let me know. The other coaches will be calling in the next couple of days. I am so excited that I found her. We need her to play college for sure. Female keepers are a rare thing now a days.
Let me know when he calls or if you have any other questions. She is a very beautiful girl.
Denise,
Thank you so much, could you tell me how you found her? I appreciate your interest in her. This will make her day!!!
Thanks again, Tonya Horlacher

Tonya,
I looked up the deseret news high school stats then called the athletic director of your school he gave me the coaches number he gave me the club coaches number then I got her number. I was also referred to her by the coach at Manti and Mesquite and Elko. Also I was told about her by a group of Refs that saw her at the High school playoffs. Its always funny, these players have no idea how many people are watching them. They always are so surprised.
Wow, Denise I am so surprised. I am so proud of my daughter and I love to watch her play, but I’m glad that other’s enjoy watching her play as well. Thanks for the insight.
 
Tonya,
Barton has just contracted me to come do an evaluation of Cecilee and film it. Is she available Sunday or Monday? It would take about 2 hours.

I can do it saturday before 4 pm or friday night after 5 if you are willing to bring her here. If not then I would come out there on either sunday or monday. I live in slc.

Please let me know right away so that I can get it scheduled in.

Denise

No comments: