Monday, August 20, 2012

"A Drop In The Ocean"

Homecoming is coming up and last year I told Trevor that he will be planning on going to all of the dances and to start thinking of the girls that he wants to take. I told him with him being a boy, It's his responsibility to ask a girl, because they can't go to the dances, unless they are asked.
I've had 2 girls go through high school dances, and were fortunate that they didn't miss many dances, but I always felt bad for the other girls that didn't get asked.
And then hearing that the boys didn't want to waste their money, etc.
So this is Trevor's first dance that he gets to ask a girl.
So the theme of Homecoming is a Beach theme with "A Drop in The Ocean"
So I decided to do a sand bucket with sand and hide Trevor's name on Sanddollars for her to dig and find. Then put flip flops and cookies in the bucket.

We added cookies to hold the card in the sand bucket.   Trevor was at Priesthood Meeting and so me and the girls put it together for Trevor. He got home and we made him go and make the delivery. He is just so easy going and trust me and his sisters to help him with these upcoming dances.  Trevor is going to get braver and braver with his asking, but tonight he ran it over and rang the doorbell, and ran back to our house. (Good thing she lives across the street)
Her mom sent me a picture of her after she dug and found Trevor's name.
She has her flip flops on and her bucket.

No comments: