Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Heavy Heart

Last night before I went to bed, I was checking my phone and looking at facebook. I came across a status that shocked me.
Evon Hunt wrote: Those of you that knew Jennifer Boatright Keller, she passed away on Sunday at 2:00pm. Her funeral will be on Saturday in Spanish Fork. Please pray for her family.
Oh my goodness, I knew her, she is Sara's sister-in-law and lived with Sara when she was younger. She has 5 children, her oldest is 16 and her youngest just got baptized on Satruday. She died in her sleep while her family was at church on Sunday. Sooo sad.
Then as I was scrolling again through facebook I read from
Nancy Cyr (Dylan & Riley Slack's Grandma) I love you Moe and miss you something terrible. Not fair you left first and get to hang out with Dylan and our parents......... Until we meet again♥♥♥♥
Wow, I was soooo saddened. I couldn't help but think of those two families that are going through so much at this time.
Then this morning I received a text from Tia:
Just keep Mighty Meg in your prayers at this time, she is NOT doing too good at all, her tumor has doubled in size and seems to be growing rapidly. There is nothing the Dr.'s can do for her, she has taken her kids out of school to spend more time with them. Please let's really pull together, full heart and soul for her family.
Oh my goodness, all of these poor families. I am so sad at this time and so grateful for what I have.  I have been sad because I feel bad that my daughter, Cecilee is all by herself in Kansas and is missing family and home. I have always wanted to make things better for my kids and this situation I can't. But listening and seeing these poor families with their situations, our family is doing GREAT!!! Thank goodness for modern technology: phones, texting, SKYPE, etc. We are alot closer because of those things. But the most important thing that I am thankful for, is the POWER OF PRAYER!!!  I know that my Heavenly Father knows Tonya Horlacher and is aware of her worries, needs, concerns, etc. I know that he is watching over my little girl over in Kansas and helping her deal with whatever comes her way.  He makes me feel comforted when I get on my knees and pray, cry and plead to him for help. My first expereience with her being away from me happened at the airport in Minnesota. She called me and I could hear in her voice that she was lost, lonely and afraid. She couldn't find anyone that could help her. While I had her on the phone, I quietly said a prayer and asked my Heavenly Father to please send someone to help her. As I said Amen, she said, "Mom, there's a guy that works here walking towards me, then I heard him ask if she needed help". NO WAY was that a coincidence, that was my Heavenly Father sending help, because I asked him. HE IS ALWAYS THERE FOR US and WAITING TO HEAR FROM US we just need TO ASK HIM!!!

No comments: