Wednesday, January 27, 2010

2 years...

Today was quite an emotional day for some of our family. Cambria came home last night from saying,"Goodbye" to Jeff. He was set apart as a missionary last night at 9:00pm and she went over before to say her goodbyes. She was quite upset and missing him. She is very excited for him to go on a mission, but she is going to miss his friendship. I couldn't help but to just hug her and hold her for a minute. I totally know what she is going through, it brought back the night I said goodbye to Bryan when he left on his mission. I told her, give it a few weeks and you will feel better. You will always think of him, but you will have fun again, I promise!!! She said that she can't even look at another guy or even think about going out with another guy. I told her, "That will go away too, believe me, you want to date other guys and I know this sounds bad, but Out of sight, out of mind".

We had scripture reading this morning and Cambria was weaping and Bryan whispered to me, "what is she crying about?" Well afterwards we had prayer and Cecilee said it and blessed, "Jeff as he entered the MTC and blessed Cambria that her heart would feel better, etc." (Such a sweet and tender prayer for her sister)By the end of the prayer, Cam, Cec and I were all crying, Bryan says, "He didn't die, he went on a mission!!" OH MY GOODNESS could you show some compassion please. Then he said, "Think about it from his view, he's leaving everyone and everything to go to a place that he has nothing and knows NOBODY, he has every reason to cry." WOW, thanks Bry for the compassion.

1 comment:

The Horlacher's said...

Poor Cambria. That has got to be really hard.
I have to say that your husband sounds so familiar. I am sure that would be the same reaction that Duaine would have. You can tell they are brothers!
I hope she feels better quickly. Love you guys.