Saturday, January 9, 2010

Las Vegas Cheer Competition 2010

MEETING AT THE HIGH SCHOOL GETTING READY TO LEAVE FOR COMPETITION.
READY TO PERFORM THEIR SHOW CHEER.
THE GIRLS RALLYING THE CROWD.
POSING WITH THEIR TROPHYS - 1ST AND 3RD
Some of the girls with their coach: Sheryl Kitchen
l to r (Brynley, Hailey, Kasey, Korney, Alexa, Sheryl, Maddie, Cambria & Jenna
***************
Today we traveled down to Las Vegas for Cambria's last cheerleading competition of her high school career. Right before the girls went into the warm up room, one of her coaches came up to where all of the parents were and asked if we knew anyone that was just leaving St. George on their way there, because one of the girls had left their green skirt. I was thinking to myself, ARE YOU SERIOUS, then she looked at me and said, Tonya it's Cambria. I about died. I could've killed her right there. Are you serious!!!! That was SOOOOO out of her character, she is ALWAYS so prepared. Great, now all of the mom's were getting together and coming up with some ideas, we can make her a skirt, we can borrow from another squad, etc. Then the coach said my 4 yr old has a skirt we are going to see if we can squeeze Sharly into it and move all of the girls up a skirt. So they did, everyone worked together and made it work. NOW that is teamwork!!!! The girls performed great, they won 1st place in sideline dance against Desert Hills, and 3rd in their show cheer out of 8 teams. They did great considering so many other distractions. We had a great day, I was just glad to spend it with my cheerleader. She makes me happy to be her mom.

1 comment:

Marion said...

Holy Cow what high school girl fits in a 4 year olds skirt!!!! I am so glad they figured it out though. I would have been so sad for her.