Saturday, January 16, 2010

Boys, Boys, Boys!!!!!

Tonight my husband and I wanted to have a visit with our girls. It first started with Cecilee and we just wanted to know what exactly was going on with her and her "FRIEND". We were under the understanding that they were "JUST FRIENDS". Well, when you are hanging out with each other during every waking moment, something is going to develop. And we are NOT stupid, something definately is developing. So Bryan wanted to address it. We don't want boyfriends in high school. High school life can be lots of fun without feeling attached to another person. We like her "FRIEND", he's a really nice boy, but they need to have fun in high school with other people. Well after the visit with Cecilee, of course there were tears and her telling us, "I don't have any other friends, and you don't like him, blah, blah, blah." That is not true about her not having any friends, but when you stick with just one person, you aren't allowing yourself to have other friends. They all think, "oh she's with him." So we ended our visit with hugs and love.

Well, we had another visit with Cambria after she came home from work. Bryan wanted to talk to her about her "FRIEND". He is leaving on a mission in 2 weeks and she wants to spend as much time with him as possible. Well, we have to keep reminding her that Satan doesn't want him to go, so he is going to do everything in his power to keep him from going. She just doesn't see it, she always says, "You don't trust me." I always tell her, "I trust YOU, it's SATAN that I don't trust!!!!" She is so innocent and doesn't see things that can happen. I tell her, "It can happen to anyone, no matter how strong YOU think YOU ARE! Feelings start and then everything goes out the window." She always tells me, "Mom, you are disgusting, that is NOT giong to happen." We feel as parents that we have to be BLUNT with our kids. We tell them just how it is. We explained to them also about when we were growing up, some of our friends would talk about Dry H*****, but nothing happened. We had our clothes on, we were just kissing, blah... I wasn't ever able to talk to my mom and dad about this kind of stuff, but with my kids, I want them to know - that we KNOW, Satan is out in FULL FORCE and he wants these kids that were saved for these LATTER DAYS. He is not holding back, and he will get them, if we DON'T warn them and let them know of these things. I love my kids more than anything in this world and I will do everything in my power to help them stay on the straight and narrow. I also told Cambria and Cecilee that it is THEIR responsibility as young women, to make sure that these boys go on missions. That they keep themselves clean to be able to serve and NOT have to come home and "Take Care of things". That they don't EVER want to have any regrets about anything like that. The Lord's work is more important and he needs these strong, valiant young men to go and do his work.

Sorry, if this post was a little TOO STRONG, but like I said earlier, it's for my journal.

5 comments:

RY & MAND WRIGHT said...

I agree with how you handled one hundred percent. i was one of those girls that said nothing would ever happen. Thats gross... But it is amazing how hard satan really does try to get us to fail.

It Just Keeps Getting Better said...

Well, I know that its for your journal but being a Mom of 4 boys I am so grateful to hear that you talk this way with your girls. It is so important to be honest with our kids. More so now than ever. It felt great to hear that you talk like that with your kids. I didn't feel so alone. I am very open with my boys and someday our daughter. Thanks for sharing your journal with us. It helps us all feel a little more commented to keep open communication with our kids.

T.I.D.S.A.H. said...

Thanks so much ladies for your comments. Julie, I only have one boy, but I sure hope he has GIRL friends that help him get on his mission and keep him clean and pure. Thank you for your comment.

Katie Nikolaus said...

You are so awesome Tonya! I never had that type of "open" relationship with my mom and I really hope I can have one with my kids. I definitely think it's better to be open and honest. Thanks for continuing to be a great example now as you have been ever since I first met you!

mama donk aubri jo said...

you really do have to talk to them and let them know they can talk to you, much better that way and they will thank you some day!