Saturday, January 30, 2010

Scholarships, Colleges, Graduation

I get so sad when these subjects come up. I can't believe that my baby is growing up. It seems like only yesterday that I took her to Preschool and then kindergarten and now her last few months of high school and then off to college. WAIT, STOP!!! I want time to slow down, I don't feel like I have aged THAT MUCH!!! We have been looking at different colleges. She has applied to UVU-Utah Valley University, SUU-Southern Utah University and Dixie. She has been accepted to all 3, now the decision. She wants to move away from home, but I keep telling her, you have free room and board here, you have a job, food-here, and Dixie is a great school. So she went on a field trip to SUU, right after the snow storm. She was NOT impressed with the snow. SHE HATED THE SNOW and she came home and said, "I don't want to go to SUU or UVU, I guess I am staying here." HOORAY!!!! She wants to go into Dental Hygiene, we will see how strong her stomach is for that type of career. Hopefully, her stomach is stronger than mine. Life has gone by soooo fast. I am so proud of the young woman she has grown up to be. I feel so honored to be her mother. Life is good, until May 27th comes along. I will be a wreck when graduation day comes.

4 comments:

Madison Matthews said...

Tonya it is amazing at how fast our children grow up! I remember when we moved into the ward your girls weren't even young women, they were little girls. Sydney was two. Crazy. It is amazing to think that you are at that point in your life. You amaze me and I look forward to learning from you. Thanks for being a friend.
Stephanie

Marion said...

Lucky girl! I'm sure you were thrilled she decided to stay home. I can't believe how old she is now. Time goes by so fast.

Katie Nikolaus said...

That is so crazy! We'll see you guys at graduation! Maggie's graduating, too! I can't wait to see you, hopefully I can find you in the arena!

Maile's said...

cant believe how fast your kids grew up!!! they are so cute! love your blog- how fun to get to catch up with your fam*
it was fun to see you at work today - see you again soon!
:) Nisi