Sunday, January 24, 2010

Missionary Jeff

Well Cambria has been dating a boy who is leaving for his mission this Wednesday, January 27th. She met him in September and they have been friends ever since. He is a very good boy, who comes from a great family. Well, today was a semi-farewell he was the youth speaker. (He went on a mission about a year ago and came home 3 days into the MTC, because he didn't feel like he was ready to be there and he didn't feel like he was there for HIM.) So that is the reason for the semi-farewell, because he had a farewell a year ago and didn't want to make a big deal about going back. So Cambria met him and continued to encourage him to go back in the mission field. (I told Cambria, that I am a BIG believer that we are put in peoples lives at certain times for a reason. And I believe that she was meant to meet Jeff, to help him go back to the mission field.) He is READY and ready for himself. He is very excited and will be a great missionary.

The only thing that I am worried about facing is the GOODBYE on Wednesday. She is being pretty strong and excited for him, but I know, BECAUSE I have been there, how her heart is going to feel. I couldn't help but shed a few tears during his talk. I know that he was talking about my daughter when he spoke of certain people that he had met during this year and the example that they have been for him. YOu never know what will happen in the next 2 years. I am proud of Jeff and the decision that he has made for himself and the great missionary that he is going to be.





No comments: